You still have time to vote for our NFL Pro Bowl candidate & Denver Bronco’s (captain), David Bruton Jr, for Special Teams (ST). Click on link and cast as many votes as you can!
Special Teamers 1. Matthew Slater, New England Patriots 2. Jarrett Bush, Green Bay Packers 3. Jeff Heath, Dallas Cowboys 4. David Bruton, Denver Broncos 5. Robert Golden, Pittsburgh Steelers (2 players make roster)
Bruton is coming off a performance last week against the Bills with 9 solo tackles, 1 pass deflection and 1 forced fumble!
BRUTON JR. AT A GLANCE:
• Voted a season captain for the first time of his career in 2013, and tied for second on the team with seven special-teams tackles.
• Appeared in all 16 regular-season games in 2012, leading the Broncos in special-teams plays (376) and being named a third alternate for the AFC Pro Bowl squad as a special-teamer.
• Played 15 regular-season games (1 start) in 2011, ranking third on the team with eight special-teams tackles, before opening both playoff games at free safety and tying for the club lead with 15 defensive stops.
• Saw action in all 16 games (2 starts) for Denver in 2010, recording 14 tackles (12 solo) and a pass breakup on defense along with a career-high 12 tackles and two fumble recoveries on special teams.
• Started during his final two years at the University of Notre Dame, leading the Fighting Irish with 182 tackles and seven interceptions during that stretch.
• Posted 97 tackles (61 solo) as a senior at Notre Dame that marked the third-highest single-season total by a defensive back in school history to earn honorable mention All-America recognition fromThe NFL Draft Report.
• Established himself as one of the top special-teams gunners in the country while appearing in 596 career special-teams plays at Notre Dame.
• Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (114th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.