These items are required by the State of Ohio, OHSAA and Miamisburg Board of Education to coach and or advise for the Miamisburg City School District. They must be completed and turned in before beginning coaching duties. If you think you have a completed PAP please check the state website to ensure your credential is not expired. If you have already taken the NFHS Courses you can verify completion by searching for your completed NFHS courses. See information from ODE on the Process.
COPIES OF ALL CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO ATHLETIC OFFICE or DOWNLOADED TO YOUR FINAL FORMS ACCOUNT!
1. BCI AND FBI BACKGROUND CHECK – (Required for PAP)
Make sure you have an up-to-date background check on file. If you are renewing, you can check the date of your last background check while completing the application or by looking up your record here. You can ask your district where its staff members start this process if you need to request a new or updated background check. Fingerprints can be done at Miamisburg Central Office with Heather Wright-call 866-3381 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or to set up an appointment. Central Office is located at 540 Park Avenue (corner of Park Ave. and S 6th St.) close to downtown Miamisburg and next to the Miamisburg Branch of the Dayton Metro Library. The entrance into the building is on S. 6th Street.
- Bring your photo ID.
- New to District (1st Time) BCI and FBI background check $47.25-Check made out to Miamisburg City Schools.
- If renewing for your PAP $25.25-FBI only (good for 5 years)
- If background check was not completed within the previous 12 months you will need a new one to apply for a Pupil Activity Permit.
2. NFHS FUNDAMENTALS OF COACHING COURSE – (Required for PAP)
All applicants are required to take this on-line course as a ONE-TIME fulfillment. Cost is $65.00 and offered on-line at www.nfhslearn.com. Please print and turn in certificate.
3. FIRST AID AND SAFETY TRAINING – (Required for PAP)
Fulfill this requirement through one of the four categories of options outlined below:
A. Ohio Department of Education-approved pupil activity program. Search for a program during a given time span by entering a beginning and ending date here. Miamisburg Coaches can get this for free through Kettering. Log on to http://ketteringhealth.org/sports-medicine/education/Coach-Education.cfm to register for upcoming classes use discount code khn2021 for classes in 2021 and code khn2022 for classes occurring in 2022 when registering:
B. Nationally approved programs
Select ONE of the following:
- Human Kinetics Coach Education Center (Sport First Aid);
- National Federation of State High School Associations & American Red Cross (First Aid, Health and Safety).
- American Heart Association (First Aid).
- College or university courses. Courses must be completed within the past three years and be related to first aid or athletic training.
- Professional licenses or certifications. The following licenses/certifications fulfill the first aid training requirement: MD, DO, DC, PA, RN, EMR, EMT, AEMT, Paramedic, ATC and SCS. Your board license must be active.
Please print and turn in certificate – renewal required every 3 years.
4. CONCUSSION TRAINING – (Required for PAP)
Complete ONE of the following free, online courses (valid for three years).
- The National Federation of State High School Associations’ training program “Concussion in Sports”;
- National Alliance for Youth Sports Concussion Training; or
- National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention program “Heads Up to Youth Sports: Online Training.”
Please see the Ohio Department of Health website for additional resources.
Please print and turn in certificate – renewal required every 3 years.
5. CPR TRAINING – (Required for PAP)
A valid CPR certification card must be on file with the athletic office.
- The Athletic Department trainer through Kettering Sports Medicine will deliver regular CPR class at the high school for $17.
- You may also register for A CPR class at http://ketteringhealth.org/sports-medicine/education/Coach-Education.cfm Use discount code khn2021 for classes in 2021 and code khn2022 for classes occurring in 2022 when registering: The price of this class is $35 before discount.
Most certifications are valid for 2 years.
6. SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST TRAINING – (Required for PAP)
Select one of the following:
- Each year, coaches must review the Ohio Department of Health’s video and related fact sheet. Although districts may choose how they will verify completion of this requirement, the Department encourages use of its Learning Management System (LMS). You may access LMS through your OH|ID account within 24 hours of submitting your online application. On the LMS homepage at top right, click the Course Catalog link. Then search for Sudden Cardiac Arrest to find the course. After you view the materials and pass a short test, you may download and print your certificate of completion.
7. GO – Application instructions for PAP
- Make sure you have a OH|ID account. If you are certain you do not have a OH|ID account, set one up following the instructions here.
- If you have a OH|ID account but do not remember the user name or password, click on the “Forgot Password” link on the OH|ID portal to reset your password. Please do not set up a second OH|ID account. If you need assistance, you may contact (877) 644-6338 or Profile.Help@education.ohio.gov.
- IRN – Ask your district for its Information Retrieval Number (IRN).
- Access your OH|ID account.
- Click Educator Licensure and Records (CORE).
- Complete the online application from your CORE Dashboard.
- See the CORE User Manual for complete instructions.
- IRN – MIAMISBURG 044396
- PAP Permits are valid for 3, 4 or 5 years.
8. COVID-19 For Coaches and Administrators
All coaches need to take the Free COVID-19 course offered through NFHS, this is not required for your PAP, but is required through the 8-18-20 Return to Play mandates from the Governor.
Please download all certification to your Final Forms account or send to Jason Shade at email@example.com
To drive a van transporting students or athletes you will need to complete the following requirements:
- A copy of driver’s license, Social Security number, and phone number must be submitted to transportation department.
- Drop off at 200 North Twelfth St.
- scan and email to the following at Transportation: Mechael Reed firstname.lastname@example.org , Jean Wartinger email@example.com , and Kathleen Meyers firstname.lastname@example.org
- BCI & FBI -both need to be current, see BCI and Background Check above.
- Physical-Pre-employment physical authorization form necessary. Please contact Transportation with a day and time that fits your schedule. Transportation will make the appointment and fax the form. Location: Excel Corporate Care, 4220 Grand Ave., Middletown, OH (513) 420-4700
- Van Packet-Consists of application, book, video, answer sheet, and test questions. Please pick up a packet at the Transportation Department. When completed contact us to set up a time for the driving test.
- Driving Test-Consists of a pre-trip of the van and a driving test. Will take approximately about 1 hour.
- In-Service- Requires 4 hours of in-service for anew van driver and 2 hours in-service annually. Mandatory online training through Miamisburg City Schools Human resource office will count for the required van in-service.
- When all training is completed transportation will submit application.
- An e-mail will be sent to Athletic Department confirming driver’s successful completion
- Contact Transportation with any questions (937) 866-1283