Comprehensive Concussion Management Program
Kettering Health Network Sports Medicine provides the most extensive concussion post-injury management team in the area. Kettering Sports Medicine is a Credentialed ImPACT™ Consultant and offers both baseline and post-injury ImPACT™ testing. We treat each case individually with the goal of returning athletes to activity and academics safely. There is no way to completely guard against head injuries, but access to our team of specialists and services can be the best defense in minimizing the effects associated with concussions.
What is a concussion?
- Traumatic brain injury caused by a hit or force to the head and/or neck
- Symptoms last from minutes to weeks
- No two concussions are the same
- Can present with one or many of the following symptoms:
- All concussions need proper evaluation, rest, monitoring, and treatment
What is ImPACT™?
- A computerized test that measures cognitive function in a variety of ways such as memory, concentration, and reaction time
- Pre-season baseline testing and post-injury testing available
- Available to recreational or competitive athletes, ages 10 and older
- Takes approximately 35 minutes to complete
- Call 395-3920 for pricing and appointments
- Far Hills location only
Concussion Management Team Members
- Athletic trainers
- Credentialed ImPACT™ Consultant physician
- Primary care sports medicine physicians
- Certified vestibular physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- NeuroRehab & Balance Center